CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LTD
Terms & Conditions:
This website, found under the URL www.charlottetaylorltd.com is operated by CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED (Trading as CHARLOTTE TAYLOR) and references to “we”, “us” & “our” shall be deemed to be references to CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED. References to “you” & “your” shall be deemed to be references to a person visiting, opening an account on, opting in/out of our mailing list through or placing an order on this website.
By accessing this website, registering your details with us or placing an order you will be deemed to have read, understood and agreed to these Terms & Conditions. If you are unhappy in any way with any of these terms, before registering your details or placing an order, you should contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post using the address below.
Your contract for the purchase of goods made through this website www.charlottetaylorltd.com is with CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED and you confirm that all goods ordered by you are not intended for resale and are for your own private and domestic use only.
You warrant that all details you provide to www.charlottetaylorltd.com for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods are true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds in your account to cover payment for the products ordered.
You agree that email can be used as a method of communicating with you. During the registration process, you must enter a valid email address, a user name and choose a password. You are responsible for all actions taken under that username and password.
It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid credit or debit card to order products. Anyone caught willfully entering an erroneous or fictitious order will have their details passed on to the Police authorities.
CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED reserves the right to terminate our agreement with you and to suspend or terminate your access to the site immediately and without notice to you if:
- You fail to make payment to us when due,
- You breach any of our terms and conditions,
- When requested by us to do so, you fail to provide within a reasonable time frame, sufficient information to enable us to determine the accuracy and validity of any information supplied by you, or your identity,
- We suspect you have engaged, or are about to engage, or have in any way been involved in fraudulent or illegal activity on www.charlottetaylorltd.com
Placing an Order
By placing an order via this website you are making an offer to CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED to purchase the goods detailed in your order on the terms described in your order.
Once you have placed an order we will send you a confirmation that your order has been received but this is not a confirmation that your offer to purchase the goods detailed in your order has been accepted. A contract between you and CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED for the sale of our products will only exist once an order has been accepted, processed and despatched to you.
Your debit or credit card will be authorised when your order is placed and processed but your card will not be charged for the value of the goods until the point that they are despatched to you. This does not affect your statutory rights. Prices and availability of goods are subject to change without notice. All prices include sales tax. A delivery charge will be added to your order where appropriate, please refer to our Delivery Information.
Your Right to Cancel
You may cancel your order (once accepted by us) for any reason up to the point of despatch. If you do cancel the contract within this time, any payments made by you will be refunded to you in full within 30 days.
Our Guarantee to You
We endeavor to display through this website all items in our current range. However, due to the exclusive nature of our products an item may become out of stock.
In rare occasions, the availability of a product may be misrepresented on the website. When we process your order, we will inform you by email if any products you order turn out to be unavailable. You will be notified of this by email and where possible we will suggest an alternative.
All dates quoted for delivery are estimated delivery dates only and may be subject to change and we can accept no liability for any loss or damage (whether direct or indirect) for delivery at any time other than the estimated date for delivery. We aim to despatch all orders that are in stock within 2 working days. Please however allow 5 working days for delivery for a customer in the United Kingdom. If any item cannot be delivered within this time we will inform you of the reason for delay, along with a proposed delivery date.
Stock permitting, all orders are usually dispatched within 2 working days. Depending on the delivery option you have selected, and provided you are a United Kingdom customer, please allow up to 5 working days for delivery. If any item cannot be delivered within this time, we will inform you for the reason for the delay, along with a proposed delivery date.
Goods will be sent to the address given by you in your order. For your security, first-time orders can only be shipped to your debit or credit card billing address or to a corporate work address that can be verified. We hold the right to refuse delivery to specific addresses.
If your delivery address is outside the United Kingdom, your order may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. You will be responsible for any additional charges for customs clearance. Customs policies vary widely from country to country. We recommend you contact your local customs office for further information on how this might affect you and your order.
For further information on delivery costs, times and information please refer to our Shipping Information.
We accept online payment in a secure environment by credit or debit card. We currently accept Mastercard, Discover, Visa, Solo and Paypal Express. All transactions are shown in pounds sterling (£).
All prices quoted on this website are accurate at the time of publication, are quoted in pounds sterling (£) and where appropriate are inclusive of United Kingdom sales tax (VAT) at the current rate. If your order is being despatched to a destination outside the European Union (“EU”) then your sales tax included in the selling price quoted on this website will be zero. If your order is being despatched to a member state of the EU then the selling price will include VAT at the current rate. The current rate of VAT is 20.0%. Any customs or import duties levied once your order reaches your destination country will be your responsibility as we have no control over these charges and cannot predict them.
Public Forums & User Submissions
CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED is not responsible for any material you may submit to any public areas on this website (including blogs, bulletin boards, hosted pages, chat rooms or any other public area). We do not endorse, approve or review any material submitted to any public areas (whether submitted by you or any other user). CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED reserves the right to remove any material submitted or posted by you in any of the public areas on this website, without notice to you, if we become aware and determine that, in our sole and absolute discretion, you are or there is a likelihood that you may, including but not limited to:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights of another user of the website or any third party,
- Post, publish, distribute or otherwise disseminate any defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information,
- Upload or post files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED or a third party’s computer system or network,
- Violate any trademark, copyright, other applicable United Kingdom or international law or intellectual property rights of CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED or any other third party,
- Submit content containing marketing or other promotional material, which is intended to solicit business.
By accessing this website you agree not to use this website to send or post any message or material that is defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, obscene, indecent, unlawful, harmful, vulgar, sexually orientated, racially offensive, profane, pornographic, or violates any applicable law and you hereby indemnify CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED against any loss, liability, damage or expense of whatever nature that CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED or any third party may suffer which is caused by or attributable to, whether directly or indirectly, your use of this website to send or post such message or material.
We reserve the right to change information, prices, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products and services. We may modify any these terms and conditions, policies or notices at any time by posting the new terms and conditions, policies or notices (the “current version”) on this website. You acknowledge that by visiting our website from time to time you shall become bound to the current version and that you are responsible for reviewing the then current version each time you visit our site.
CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED does not seek to exclude or limit liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence or that of its members, agents, directors or employees or for any fraudulent misrepresentation.
To the fullest extent permitted by law and except as provided above, neither CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED nor any associated company shall be liable to you by reason of any representation, or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of the contract, or in negligence (whether on the part of CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED or any of its members, agents, directors, employees or otherwise) for any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage (including but not limited to loss of profit or loss of saving), costs, expenses or other claims for compensation whatsoever which arise out of or in connection with the use of this website, the supply of products or their use or resale by you.
While CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED uses reasonable endeavors to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date, we do not give any warranty as to its accuracy or completeness and CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED will not be responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results arising from the use of such information. Similarly we do not give any warranty regarding your personal information or material & information transmitted through our site.
CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED has taken every care to ensure that the description and specification of our products shown on this website are correct. However, descriptions and specifications of products on this website are not intended to be binding and are intended only to give a general description of our products. In addition, while the colour reproduction of our products is a close representation, we cannot accept any responsibility for any variation in colour caused by the differences in browser software.
Whilst CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED takes all reasonable steps to ensure a fast a reliable service, we do not guarantee that your use of this website will be interruption or error free and we will not be responsible for any disruption, loss or corruption of any material in transit, or loss or corruption of material or data when downloaded onto any computer system.
CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED will not be responsible nor liable for your use of any other websites which you may access via links within this website. CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED does not control these websites and is not responsible for their content. Any such links are provided merely as a service to users of this website and their inclusion in this website does not constitute an endorsement by or affiliation with CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED. You agree that you will not create any hypertext links from any website controlled by you or otherwise to this website without the express permission of CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED. Please email us at email@example.com if you would like to link to this website or you would like us to consider a link to your website.
The entire liability of CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED under or in connection with any contract for any products to which these conditions apply shall not exceed the price of the products, except as expressly provided in these conditions.
CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED will not be liable to you or be deemed to be in breach of these terms and conditions or any other contract with you by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of our obligations in relation to the products ordered by you if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond our reasonable control.
CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED may assign or transfer any of our rights or sub-contract any of our obligations under these terms and conditions to any third party. You may not assign or transfer any of your rights or sub-contract any of your obligations under these terms and conditions except with the specific written permission of CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED.
No person who is not a party to these terms and conditions shall have any right to enforce any term under the Contracts (Right of Third Parties) Act 1999. Nothing in these conditions is intended nor shall affect any of your statutory rights that may not be legally excluded.
Copyright & Trademark
The contents of the pages of this website (including all designs, pictures, photographs, written text and any other materials) are the copyright trademark or registered trademark of CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED or our content or technology providers or their respective owners. All rights reserved. You may not copy, download, store, modify, distribute, broadcast, show or play in public, reproduce or incorporate into any other work part or all of the material available on this website in any form without the prior written permission of CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED, except that you may:
- Download, copy or print (one copy only) extracts of the material on this website for the sole purpose of using this website in good faith for domestic purposes or for placing an order with CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED,
- Download, copy or print (one copy only) the material on this website for the purpose of sending to individual third parties for their personal information provided you seek no commercial benefit or advantage from so doing and that you acknowledge CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED as the source of the material and that you inform the third party that these terms and conditions apply to them and that they must comply with them.
Law & Territory
These Terms & Conditions and your use of our website are governed by English law and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. This does not affect your non-excludable statutory rights. This website and our Terms and Conditions have been designed for use within the United Kingdom and under United Kingdom law. Whilst CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED are happy to consider requests for products and enquiries from outside the United Kingdom, we give no warranty, express or implied, that the use of this website or the placing of any order through this website from outside the United Kingdom complies with any applicable non-United Kingdom laws or regulations. Accordingly, any products or promotions not permitted under your local law are not offered to you.
Promotions and Discounts
Discounts are issued in the form of either ‘£ savings’ or a ‘percentage off’ and are offered to customers via promotional emails, advertisements, on-site banners or 3rd party communications. There is no cash alternative and all terms and conditions are non-negotiable. Unless otherwise stated, discounts are only applicable to full price items (sale and clearance items are not included). CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED reserves the right to cancel or change any promotion / discount without notice, at any time.
Restrictions All promotions will have a ‘valid until’ or ‘expiry’ date. Please refer to the original promotion source and / or Terms and Conditions for this information. Promotional codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Promotional codes may be valid for one transaction per person / account. Please refer to the original promotion source and / or Terms and Conditions for this information. Promotional codes cannot be applied retrospectively to orders already received.
How to use your promotional code:
If using a promotional code, the code provided should be entered in the ‘Promotional Code’ box at the checkout.
Returning items bought in a promotion:
Unfortunately, we do not cover the cost of returning any items purchased under a promotion. See standard Returns policy.
Competition and Prize Draw Principles
Below are the principal terms and conditions that apply to all of our competitions and prize draws. Please see individual competition terms and conditions for any specific terms that may apply.
- Competitions are open to anyone aged 18 years or over, except employees of CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED, their families, agents or anyone else professionally associated with the draw unless otherwise stated in the specific terms and conditions applicable to that competition.
- Details of how to enter form part of the terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of despatch will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- Where a prize is described as a cash value equivalent the prize value is taken at full RRP. Any offers or discounts available at the time of claiming will not apply.
- Prizes can only be claimed from the current range for sale at youngbritishdesigners.com (subject to stock availability)
- All prizes must be claimed within 3 calendar months of the competition closing date. Claims outside this time frame will be considered entirely at the discretion of CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED even where the competition is run in conjunction with or principally by a third party.
- All prizes are non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- The winner may be requested to participate in publicity.
- Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
Offer Terms & Conditions
- Offer applies only at www.charlottetaylorltd.com
- Offer only applies to items purchased at full price
- Offer does not apply to items already discounted
- Cost of delivery is excluded from the discount
- Promotional codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- There is no cash alternative and all terms and conditions are non-negotiable
- Promotional codes cannot be applied retrospectively to orders already received
- Normal returns policy applies
CHARLOTTE TAYLOR LIMITED (Trading as CHARLOTTE TAYLOR) 1 Ellis Street, London, SW1X 9AL
Company Registration No. 4782674 (Registered in England) VAT Registration NO. 110 6971 35